Help Me Out Here....

    On several CD posts over the last six months, I've described overzealous, intrusive, heavy-handed, oppressive government bureaucrats as the "licensing gestapo."  In response to those posts, I've received private emails objecting to the use of the term "gestapo." 

    In an attempt to be provocative, have I crossed over the line into using "inflammatory" or "objectionable" language with the term "gestapo"?  To me, I have been using the term "licensing gestapo" in the same spirit as the commonly-used term "grammar nazi" (or "soup nazi" as one commenter mentions below).  Those terms to me seem more provocative and descriptive than offensive or inflammatory, but help me out here.....

    Is "licensing gestapo" offensive? Is "grammar nazi" or "soup nazi" offensive?  Would the term "licensing KGB" be less offensive than "licensing gestapo?"

    Comments solicited!     

Post Title

Help Me Out Here....


Post URL

https://manufacturing-holdings.blogspot.com/2011/08/help-me-out-here.html


Visit manufacturing-holdings for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive