Clarification on Moderating Comments

    A commenter writes ".....with Mark running nanny patrol with comments...."

    Let me clarify:

    Carpe Diem has been subject to several major spam attacks recently, where somebody posts comments with advertising links on hundreds of older posts at a time. On several occasions in the last few weeks, I had to spend the first 30 minutes of the day removing all of the spam comments. Therefore, I changed the Blogger comment setting to allow me to moderate comments on any post older than 5 days, since most of the spam attacks were on older posts. That seemed to take care of the spam attacks for now, and I just changed the moderation to 10 days for now, to allow for some ongoing, unmoderated discussion that sometimes takes place on popular posts.

    So I wasn't intending to be running nanny patrol with comments, but was forced into that situation because of several major spam attacks. I'll fine-tune this as necessary, and have only rejected comments with advertising during the forced "nanny patrol" period. Comments within 10 days of a post are currently not moderated at all.

Post Title

Clarification on Moderating Comments


Post URL

https://manufacturing-holdings.blogspot.com/2009/04/clarification-on-moderating-comments.html


Visit manufacturing-holdings for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive